Saturday, May 14, 2011

But enough about me

Okay, it's official. I got MRIs of my cervical and thoracic spine done and have ruptured discs in each section. I'd also bet money I've got one or more ruptured discs in my lumbar spine, but couldn't afford the additional scan.

Along these lines (affordability), I have to give a major thumbs-up to CP Advanced Imaging, 155 Canal St., New York, NY. They did my two MRIs (including report and copy on CD ROM) for 1/5 (one fifth) the price I was quoted by my local imaging services corporation. CP's facility and service were first-rate (including a manager who told me, correctly, "That was a bad decision" when I told her how I was injured), and a radiologist who read my scans and faxed me his report within 18 hours (on a Saturday morning, yet).

Anyway, I know more now than I did yesterday, and I know a lot more now than I did 10 months ago. Hopefully I will learn enough to get out of my mess and be able to help others get out of their messes.

Don't forget: CP Advanced Imaging, 155 Canal Street, New York City. Especially if you're an un-insured 50 year-old who makes bad decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment